Monday, August 18, 2008

This week...Aug. 11-18

The plane before Ed jumped out....
There he is!


Doesn't he look so cool? That's MY husband! :)

Right before the next jump



This past week was a nice one, but it started out hard. I am still struggling to set up the house, make friends, and just being in such a secluded area, BUT, this past week was a turning point for a lot of these issues. Ed went TDY for a week down to Lake Elsinore, which is about 2 hours away, and I was somewhat jealous that Ed could go skydiving all day everyday with all of his friends, and then go out to eat and stay in a nice hotel all for work, while I sat at home with Kaden. I was so excited when he invited us down to watch him jump and go out to dinner with his team and then stay overnight. We went down on Thursday and stayed until Friday morning. The drive down went fine, and the GPS helped me find the site easily, but the drive home was a different story! The GPS took me a new route, and I had to drive on CRAZY California freeways that are like 5 lanes of packed traffic going no slower than 80 mph, and I was so nervous, my blood pressure was through the roof! But it was a great time.

Next, I decided that we had so much stuff crowding the house and garage that we needed to have a yard sale STAT! So Ed and I had a yard sale this weekend and did so well. We used some of the money to buy a new dresser, and will use the rest to go toward a new dining room table! :) So excited about that!

Kaden is doing great. We are meeting other kids every day, and he enjoys crawling everywhere. He had a bit of trouble with his eczema last week, but it looks to have cleared up well. One exciting thing is that he is getting 2 teeth! They are SO CUTE and are coming in the bottom. I will get pictures of them as soon as they grow in a little bit better and are easier to see.

We have jumped right into the chapel here on base, and the service is called Change Point. It is the Contemporary service, and it is very small, only about 50 people attend. There isn't even a nursery! So I volunteered to start a nursery for the babies, and we've made some friends through church already. We went to the potluck after service and met some nice couples. I'm excited to get to know them better. I hear there is a Calvary Chapel in North Edwards (a podunk town just outside of the north gate) of only about 25 people, but we may check that out too, since we enjoyed Calvary in Okinawa.

Things are going well, and I know this week will be a good one already, and it's only Monday. Praise God!

No comments: